AusMilitary.com Formerly AusSpecialForces.com             
AusSpecialForces.com
 Ausmilitary.com: Of this, we are certain.   Home •  Contact •  Advertising •   Bookmark and Share  •  Become a Supporter !
It is currently Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:26 pm

*** SECURITY NOTICE: You are using the non-encrypted version of the site. Click here to swtich to the SSL-encrypted version. ***

Some gave all. We will remember them.

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Medics
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:58 pm 

Can anyone tell me any info about navy/army/RAAF medical assistants. Ive had a look around and cant really find much.
Do medics get enlisted often, and would having a fitness/health course have much benifit in trying to join as a medic. Im doing a cert 3 fitness course and am starting to get interested in becoming a medic in the adf.
What sort of stuff do they do on a day to day basis.
Any info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:56 pm 

Served in: 8/9RAR & 6RAR
Have a look around here, it's been discussed a fair bit.
I imagine a CIII wjould be advantageous during the recruiting/enlistment process. You probably won't get any recognition of prior learning during your IET though.

http://ausspecialforces.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=101&highlight=medic+medics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:10 pm 

Mate Ive done all those courses and they count for shit. Its very rare for civie courses to cross over to the defence force and hold weight, but the they do in the reverse.
I worked in a gym and was a personal trainer before joining and basically had the same quals as a PTI SGT and above but I had to do the same sub unit PTI course as everyone else....back when they let digs do it. Is it true you gotta have sub 1 to do it now????
As for medics those courses are good for alround general knowledge of the body and human movement.
Nurseing is probably obviously the best, 3 year BA at uni and go in as an officer...depending on how old you are I'd be going with that deffinately no dole days when you want to get out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:22 am 

harddeck wrote:
Is it true you gotta have sub 1 to do it now????

It's what I've heard also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:56 am 

Spose I can see why, a digger trying to run PT for his platoon mates has no chance.
Helps to have 1 or 2 on your arm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:21 pm 
I Need Crayons

Location: Checking the Blue Oyster Bar to ensure Trident isn't selling his arse for Midori's
Doesnn't the SUB1 course in the Army have a Instructional Technique course intergrated into it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:54 pm 

Served in: 8/9RAR & 6RAR
That's what I was trying to say. If they've done sub one they will know how to instruct and the PTIs won't have to worry about that, they can concentrate on the waxing and tanning lessons.

Post subject: Medical Assistants
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:55 pm 

Alright so Assesment day take 2 will be rolling up in 2 weeks, this time I'm going for chock Medical Assistant, I was bumped back from rifleman cos I'm CP3.

I'm 17 yrs old.

I am planning on going regs some time after yr 12.

so....I've had a bit of a search and theres shitall on medics....so what can you guys tell me about em...heres some Q's.

jg16 wrote:
Hey starlight

I'm going in as a Med Assist ( providing I pass Assessment day and get a letter of offering) and I was wondering if you could answer a couple of Q's?

What can you tell me about Medic's IET's? It's a general question but things like what to expect etc.

Any tips you can give me for IET's, anything I can do to prep myself?

What equipment medics use?

And lastly what would be a typical day at a HSB or CSSB?

Anything will be appreciated, thanks.

I'd like as much info and links and whatnot you guys could give me, cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 pm 

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/careers_e ... my367.html

http://www.navy.gov.au/foreigntraining/ ... /bmac.html

It’s the only thing I could find not much out there in the way of info for Med Assistant
At the bottom of the page on the second link it’s got a good list of courses don’t know if it’s relevant too you but I cant imagine the navy and Army would be much different is this regard
It Might Help and I emphasise the word Might

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:01 pm 

Daniel good point!! :smt038
Not overly tactful though

If you are still interested once you are in there is numerous civil accredited courses available now and you can always get the ADF to pay for a degree which can be linked to your trade

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next