AusMilitary.com Formerly AusSpecialForces.com             
AusSpecialForces.com
 Ausmilitary.com: Of this, we are certain.   Home •  Contact •  Advertising •   Bookmark and Share  •  Become a Supporter !
It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:35 pm

*** SECURITY NOTICE: You are using the non-encrypted version of the site. Click here to swtich to the SSL-encrypted version. ***

Some gave all. We will remember them.

ABC News | Just In: 'A wonderful sign of resilience': Mogo zoo reopens after bushfires closed it for two monthsAdelaide hospital is accused of 'threatening, gagging' staff who have patient safety concernsHow an outback priest is providing drought aid to his struggling parish'I did what any person should do': Hero teen intervenes in alleged domestic violence attack.

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Aptitude Test
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:38 am 

Served in: 8/9RAR & 6RAR
If you can't work that out, do you have the aptitude for the role?

The answer to your question is in your edited post.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:27 pm 

Mack2193 wrote:
Are there ever any exceptions made?

I sat the aptitude test when I just finished HS but ended up deferring my enlistment. 2 years later I am renewing the process. I've read that after 12 months the aptitude scores expire and you must sit the test again. I fear that since its been a long time since I've done math, I wont get a high enough score for an officer position, despite having gotten it 2 years ago.

Also one of the requirements for my position is a year of university study, is the aptitude test still relevant?

Edit: Looking over my test, it says "You Expiry Date: 19/09/2016" and "Eligible to reattempt YOU after: 19/03/2014".

Does that mean the test is still valid?

The Job Opportunity Report (JOR) which is your results from the aptitude test lasts 3 years from the day you did your testing "Expiry Date", but you can retest 6 months after you sit it if you didn't test high enough for the job you have applied for hence the "Eligible to retest after" date.

If you are concerned about maths then Google free maths aptitude tests and practice but your maths results will not effect your eligibility for an officer role as the maths component is for trade roles.

Hopefully this clarifies it for you somewhat.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:36 pm 
Supporter

Actually, the maths component also applies to officer jobs as maths does play a part in some officer roles, it's not only trades. For example Pilot. The roles that have specific maths requirements usually have additional testing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:56 pm 

Skippy wrote:
Actually, the maths component also applies to officer jobs as maths does play a part in some officer roles, it's not only trades. For example Pilot. The roles that have specific maths requirements usually have additional testing.

Regional candidates on a 24hr model applying for officer regularly came and sat aptitude testing without doing the maths component when I worked at DFR to speed up the process however things may have changed in the last year or two.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:38 pm 
Supporter

Yeah that's based of 12 month old info from a mate who was posted to DFR but he didn't mention if it was for regional as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:54 pm 

Other than the aptitude test, are there any other additional tests for ARes GSO? I remember when I tried applying 5 years ago for Navy MWO we had to do another test where we had two joysticks which controlled a cross hair on a computer screen. One joystick controlled the Y axis and the other the X axis. We had to maintain the cross hair in the center of the screen with the joy sticks as it tried to deviate away, while at the same time solving maths puzzles, where if the result was a positive number press a certain key and if the result was a negative press another key.

Do Army have any similar additional tests?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:05 am 
TLDR

Half an hour essay test on Assessment Day.

Post subject: aptitiude test
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:37 am 

I have a YOU session booked for a few weeks ahead. Is the aptitude / maths test a pass fail? or just a guide to which jobs you are suited to?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:40 am 

Served in: 8/9RAR & 6RAR
It's both, you can get so low a score that you fail and can't get any jobs, or you do well enough to get the lower band jobs, or well enough that all jobs are open to you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:47 am 

Thanks digrar. I am going through the forum now to get a guide on what to expect.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next