AusMilitary.com Formerly AusSpecialForces.com             
AusSpecialForces.com
 Ausmilitary.com: Of this, we are certain.   Home •  Contact •  Advertising •   Bookmark and Share  •  Become a Supporter !
It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:41 pm

*** SECURITY NOTICE: You are using the non-encrypted version of the site. Click here to swtich to the SSL-encrypted version. ***

Some gave all. We will remember them.

ABC News | Just In: Mack Horton weighs in on Sun Yang ban, WADA processes under scrutinyAustralia announces Iran travel ban amid coronavirus outbreak'A wonderful sign of resilience': Mogo zoo reopens after bushfires closed it for two monthsAdelaide hospital is accused of 'threatening, gagging' staff who have patient safety concerns.

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Aptitude Test
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:23 am 

Just got a few concerns with the aptitude test. I did the gap year as a rifleman in 2012 and only recently finished. I have been looking into applying for adfa for 2014. On my initial aptitude test for rifleman I scored just under the required mark for adfa. If I resit the aptitude test do I only get two attempts ?, and if I choose to rejoin the ADF in the future will this effect me if I have used up all 3 attempts?.

any feedback would be highly appreciated, cheers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:58 am 

Served in: 2CER
You get 3 attempts every time your testing has expired (12 months).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:03 am 

Served in: RAAOC
Do gap year digs still get the mandatory 5 year standby reserve posting after discharge like the rest of the ARA? If they do you might have significant problems getting back in....ADFA or otherwise....a quick search around here will show that getting in a second time is a lot harder than the first.

If you don't have a SR obligation you should be right though.

Or are you still in and stayed past the gap year requirement?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:31 pm 

ok, and no I left after the year. Yes we still do have to do the 5 years standby reserve after discharge, I thought I would have to apply through my reserves unit but DFR sent me out an app pack to send to SCMA.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:47 pm 

Served in: 8/9RAR & 6RAR
I don't think it's ever hard to get in as an officer ADFA or RMC, be it ROSO, IMPS, being a Reservist, being ex service etc etc as long as you have the goods for entry.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:39 pm 

Roy wrote:
Just a few question about it:
How many questions?
Is it anything like in the example sheet they give you?
What topics are in the test?

Thanks.
Roy

I would recommend to anyone preparing for Aptitude test not to be fooled by the sample questions provided by ADF. For some reason they choose to present some very basic numeracy problems in the sample. However, on the day of the test i remember having to solve quadratic equations, radicals, absolute value equations and inequalities, trigonometry etc.
http://documents.coastline.edu/services ... _Guide.pdf
This was much closer to the problems i received on the test anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:22 am 

I ended up overestimating the aptitude test. It was a fairly relaxing day altogether, and the only reason I was worried at all was because I was aiming for an officer entry role. Even with two hours of sleep I was able to score sufficiently, so don't sweat it :).

Worry more about having all your documents and stuff with you. While essentially they'll give you the bare minimum again on the day, you'll save yourself a fair bit of time handing everything in at once. I ended up having everything par my birth certificate (I did, but for some reason a foreign birth certificate with complete English sentences underneath the bigger foreign words isn't good enough, I have to get it translated for $90, stupid..) and written references (officer only).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:04 pm 

I did my aptitude test recently. Couldn't get through all the questions on any of the tests and couldn't do the advanced maths questions like the trigonometry but I still ended up with the options for what seemed like most if not all the officer positions including pilot.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:00 pm 

Rd2Cyp wrote:
I did my aptitude test recently. Couldn't get through all the questions on any of the tests and couldn't do the advanced maths questions like the trigonometry but I still ended up with the options for what seemed like most if not all the officer positions including pilot.

Same. I did mine yesterday. I didn't get the tests finished. I didn't study either and have been out of school for a LONG time. Answered all the questions as quick as possible. The advanced math questions I just guessed as the were trigonometry (don't even know how to spell it) and pretty hard, think like work out angles, work out area's of semi circle etc. I think even if I did know how to do them and answer those questions properly I would of spent to much time on them. I also received a lot of options for jobs including pilot and officer positions and I didn't think I went that well in the test. The job I want I don't think that it would require a high mark and that was also on my list.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:12 pm 

Served in: RAN 1980 - 2012 Currently RANR
This may be a dumb question but from reading the posts on here.

"What is the point of doing an aptitude test if when you don't complete it, pass it or even understand the questions (by self admissions) they still give you the option of being whatever you want"?

Why bother?

Many years ago I felt I was ready to learn another language and went to 'langs' for an aptitude test, the result was they said I'd be better off sticking with English.
Bottom line I didn't even get a look in. So why do they do the testing if the results don't count for squat?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next