AusMilitary.com Formerly AusSpecialForces.com             
AusSpecialForces.com
 Ausmilitary.com: Of this, we are certain.   Home •  Contact •  Advertising •   Bookmark and Share  •  Become a Supporter !
It is currently Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:39 pm

*** SECURITY NOTICE: You are using the non-encrypted version of the site. Click here to swtich to the SSL-encrypted version. ***

Some gave all. We will remember them.

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum rules

Post subject: PREDATOR STRIKE Introducing ADFIS Investigator Capt Sam Ryan
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:41 am 

-Sometimes the cover-up is worse than the crime-

When Sam Ryan is unexpectedly deployed to Afghanistan to investigate the apparent suicide, he immediately suspects that something isn’t right. Why is he being sent all the way from Sydney, when the Australian Defence Force Investigative Service, ADFIS, already has people on the ground?

Hitting the ground running, Ryan finds himself plunged into an investigation with a terrifying international twist. Was the hunt for Osama bin Laden all a lie, and if so, just how far would the CIA go to hide the fact that they’ve had him in custody for years?

Predator Strike by Liam Saville is a new Australian military crime novella. Preview or purchase your copy here.

Post subject: Re: PREDATOR STRIKE Introducing ADFIS Investigator Capt Sam
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:46 pm 

If there is anybody here who would be interested in reviewing my book please let me know. I'm happy to supply a free copy in exchange for a fair and honest review. - Liam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:14 pm 

Served in: 8/9RAR & 6RAR
How's your book compare to the offerings of Matthew Reilly, James Phelan and Mark Abernethy?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:31 pm 

Served in: RAR, RVR
You know Predator Strike is a major combined arms live fire exercise?

Any first hand knowledge of ADFIS?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:34 pm 

Served in: pointy end
Liam Saville wrote:
-Sometimes the cover-up is worse than the crime-

When Sam Ryan is unexpectedly deployed to Afghanistan to investigate the apparent suicide, he immediately suspects that something isn’t right. Why is he being sent all the way from Sydney, when the Australian Defence Force Investigative Service, ADFIS, already has people on the ground?

Should be a short book then. ADFIS are idiots and bungle most investigations. [:D

In all honesty good luck with the book

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:07 pm 

digrar wrote:
How's your book compare to the offerings of Matthew Reilly, James Phelan and Mark Abernethy?

Nothing like being asked to compare your work to some of the best in the business, thanks Digrar...

The first, and most obvious thing you will notice about Predator Strike compared to the work of these guys, with the exception of Reilly's Hell Island, is the length. Predator Strike is a short novel, written specifically for the e-book market. It is the first in a series featuring ADFIS Investigator, Captain Sam Ryan.

I particularly wanted an Australian setting and context, much like the work of Phelan and Abernethy. In terms of character though, I'd say that Sam Ryan is closer to Abernethy's, Alan McQueen than Phelan's, Lachlan Fox.

I chose the tri-service ADFIS as my vehicle for a few reasons. Firstly, I can quite literally drop Ryan into any Australian military setting, in almost any part of the world, and come up with a story. The variety of potential material is practically limitless, which for a writer planning a series of books is important. Secondly, I've never seen it done before. Outside the ADF most people don't know much about the ADFIS, and internally they could use a little image enhancement. As with Abernethy's use of ASIS, the ADFIS has a bit of "mystery" to it, and I think that Joe Public will find it interesting.

Predator Strike is a fast paced, military crime thriller, with characters that are likeable and believable. Unlike Reilly's continuous action scenes in his Scarecrow novels, the investigation is the central theme in Predator Strike - and the action just a bonus - I hope you enjoy the book.

Last edited by Liam Saville on Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:29 pm 

frmby wrote:
You know Predator Strike is a major combined arms live fire exercise?

Any first hand knowledge of ADFIS?

Frmby,

Yes, I know about Exercise Predator Strike, and no, there is no connection with my book.

No, no personal knowledge of ADFIS. I do have both policing and Army experience, just not at the same time, and not with the same organisation.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:18 pm 

Served in: RAN 1980 - 2012 Currently RANR
Having spent a couple of years in the ADFIS organisation and half a lifetime in Military Domestic policing I wouldn't mind having a squizz.
Offsafe
Quote:
Should be a short book then. ADFIS are idiots and bungle most investigations

obviously has a wealth of ADFIS experience maybe he is more suitably qualified.
C'mon mate don't be shy, tell us about your experiences with ADFIS.

ADFIS has some extremely good people working very hard to make it work unfortunately the hangover from Army SIB is proving very hard to shake. Oh and by the way, they do monitor several forums on the 'net'............................. "colonel"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:53 pm 

Served in: 6 RAR and 1 MP
By forums you mean EBay ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:13 pm 

Served in: RAN 1980 - 2012 Currently RANR
ebay, trading post, quokka, face book pages, chat forums (various) amongst others.......