AusMilitary.com Formerly AusSpecialForces.com             
AusSpecialForces.com
 Ausmilitary.com: Of this, we are certain.   Home •  Contact •  Advertising •   Bookmark and Share  •  Become a Supporter !
It is currently Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:16 pm

Some gave all. We will remember them.

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduction thread, only if you feel the need to do so.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:43 am 

Served in: 4RNSWR, 4/3RNSWR, 5BDE HQ, UNSWR, 12/16 HRL, 22Sqn RAAF
Hello all, new to the forum and thought I'd better introduce myself.

As you may deduce from my screen name I am male and hail from Bondi NSW. 47, married, 4 sons to two Mums.

I have worn several uniforms, to wit I served with the Army Reserve from 1984 to 1993, then rejoined 1998 to 2000. Served in 4RNSWR later 4/3RNSWR, 5 Bde HQ, UNSWR (twice) and 12/16 HRL, all RaINF and finished up as a Sgt. Transferred to 22Sqn in the RAAF Reserve in 2000, still stayed a Sgt, as an ADGie. Currently on the Standby Reserve list (i.e. inactive).

I also spent nigh on 12 years from 1986 to 1998 in the NSW Police in Sydney working mostly GDs, finished up as a Sen Con (although I did do some time as an Acting Sgt. and so can claim to have been a Sgt. in three uniforms!). Also worked as a civvy radio operator for 2.5 years in Tamworth.

Nowadays I'm Public Serpent working to help people afflicted with industrial dust related diseases.

Hope thats enough for a start!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:38 pm 

HodgoSigs wrote:
Congrats on the position of EWOP.

I joined in 91 and discharged in 99 as ECN 273 Opsig now EWOP . Tough IET course back then 56 weeks I think was the longest IET course in the ARMY. Great memories.

I am now reenlisting and currently filling out the forms for RMC.

Good luck mate its a tight knit group of people

Thanks hodgo :) I had my assesment day For EWOP got the ok from the psych then before my interview my EC pulled me aside and said that the Army had pulled the plug indefinitely on EW positions and training so I chose to be a grunt instead :get some:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:05 pm 

Hey forum, I just left the military (ARA) after three years, I was injured at SOI, spent two years at TRW and Six months back at SOI pending discharge.
Kind of miss the military, thought I'd join up to (hell I don't know actually)
Anyway, thanks for having me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:04 pm 

Hello

I've been lurking for some time and felt it was time to enlist in the forum.

I have not previously served in the military, but I am working towards changing that. I'm 41 and am planning to combine two great life dreams. I finish my law degree in 2016 and the plan is then to join the ARA as a legal officer. Apparently an old dog can learn new tricks. [:D

So I'm here to listen and learn and hopefully prepare physically and mentally as well as I possibly can to give myself the best chance of achieving the dream.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:26 pm 

Served in: 8/9RAR & 6RAR
Welcome to the site.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:17 pm 

Served in: ARes/Law enforcement
G'day all,

I used to meander around this site (and the old site run by Skip and Dig) back in the day as Gazman, but forgot my e-mail/password combination. Lets face it my input was probably not really worth trying to run the defib on my old account. So alas Gazman version 2.0 is born.

I'm still Infantry in the choc's 6 odd years on and still full time in a law enforcement type caper.

Great to see a few old familiar faces/monikers in the posts getting about.Look forward to asking a few questions and rattling off a bit of info for the new kiddies that have a crack at signing on the dotted line.

Cheers,

Gaz

P.s. I'm sooooo tempted to type this thing in pink and throw a bit of sms talk in, but might skip it in case Dig doesn't quite remember me...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:04 am 

Hi All,

I'm a long time lurker of ausmilitary, I figured it was about time to register.

I'm 20, but have worked a variety of different jobs up until now, from hospitality and retail to gymnastics coaching and lifeguarding. I'm now looking for a career.

I've been in and out of the recruitment process for the last 2 years or so (indecisiveness in regards to which role to apply for) and I have completed my assessment day, hoping to be soon enlisted as a medical sailor (Pending PFA).

There are heaps of people on here with a lot of knowledge and experience, I'm looking forward to learning what I can.

Cheers,

Kel

EDIT: Just realised the age of the last post- Rookie Error #1: Complete.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:53 pm 

Had been lurking here for a bit, reading through the stuff.

And hello, just someone who just finished assessment day :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:02 am 

Hey all,

Been lurking for quite a while trying to get some info before I put in my application, figured I should make an account finally!

I'm 24, from Adelaide and currently making myself miserable working a desk job. I've put my name down for a few different roles (AIO, Artillery Observer, Surveillance Aircraft Operator) and just waiting on my YOU session! If I make the cut I'd like to become Jason Bourne and go around executing the bads with my kung fu skills (or you know, putting together Power Points all day), but lets just see how I go recalling Year 10 maths first [:D

Look forward to picking your collective brains for info, hopefully I don't get too annoying!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:26 am 

Hello,

I'd just like to introduce myself.
I'm 21, and am hopefully looking to join the ADF in the near future.
I completed my YOU Session on 8th Sep, 2016, and was, luckily, told I scored well enough to be eligible to apply for anything I was interested in except for an Officer role because I was stupid and put a casual job over my Yr12 education.
Currently discussing a new choice of preference with my CM (Had Officer aspirations, hoping to be eligible for AEES, but careers guidance during YOU suggested I take another preference, get in, study General Ed for the paperwork in my spare time and reapply for Officer after initial min. service)

Looking forward to learning from you all.

Cheers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next