AusMilitary.com Formerly AusSpecialForces.com             
Locations of visitors to this pageAusSpecialForces.com
 Ausmilitary.com: Of this, we are certain.   Home •  Blogs  • Pages •  Contact •  Advertising •   Bookmark and Share  •  Become a Supporter ! • RSS feed •  RSS feed  • Facebook page
It is currently Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:47 pm

Some gave all. We will remember them.

The Australian | Defence News: Fuel burglars embarrass DefenceSpies warn: we’re under cyber attackJapanese admiral to negotiate on subsDefence focus on jobs rescueAndrews ire over SA battle cryABC News | Just In: Security agencies reveal 11,000 cyber security incidents last yearMan charged over alleged $20m meth importation using skipping ropes, dressesSenior ministers 'ropeable' over Bronwyn Bishop scandalJudge grants bail to deaf man with intellectual disability charged with murder.

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 860 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 86  Next
 Post subject: Re: Armoured/ Cavalry/ASLAV/Tank crewmen/RAAC
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:56 pm 

Yeah everyone i have seen go through Tasmania, has had like a max of 9 months before enlistment. Why is that? Quota?

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:03 pm 

Served in: r.a.f uk
deano2502 wrote:
I had my assessment day 5 days ago. I passed all interviews and grade 1 medical and was recommended as cavalryman as my 1st. Then I was told by my assessment co-ordinator all positions have been filled for this year and that I'm looking at january 2013 intake. So there's some sort of idea for you. You just have to play the waiting game. :sleeping:

Sounds about right that mate, I had my YOU in Sep last year then assesment in Dec, I enlist on 5 June as Cav ( about 9 months all up)

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:49 pm 

Sorry comp troubles
Yeah john any tips on my upcoming assessment for cavman ?

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:29 pm 

Served in: r.a.f uk
Hey ossi, mate I found the assesment day to be nowhere near as bad as I thought it woud be, just make sure you know your role inside out, where you will be posted to, and that there is a high possibility of being in a combat situation,and what your understanding of that is, ie what you can expect in those situations ie to defend yourself/others and offensive actions.The psych interview was pretty straight forward obviously leave out the the time you spent in a psych ward! hehe! just be honest I think. I was the first outta there when I went for mine so was pretty happy about that, also I was interviewed by R.A.F don't know if that made a difference though ( I'm ex RAF Uk) make sure your dress and grooming is immaculate aswell. I wouldn't worry too much about it if you show your really keen and want it bad enough its yours. Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:25 pm 

john78 wrote:
Hey ossi, mate I found the assesment day to be nowhere near as bad as I thought it woud be, just make sure you know your role inside out, where you will be posted to, and that there is a high possibility of being in a combat situation,and what your understanding of that is, ie what you can expect in those situations ie to defend yourself/others and offensive actions.The psych interview was pretty straight forward obviously leave out the the time you spent in a psych ward! hehe! just be honest I think. I was the first outta there when I went for mine so was pretty happy about that, also I was interviewed by R.A.F don't know if that made a difference though ( I'm ex RAF Uk) make sure your dress and grooming is immaculate aswell. I wouldn't worry too much about it if you show your really keen and want it bad enough its yours. Good luck.

Thanks john,mate I really appreciate that
Should I be studying for all three pref.
Its just I'm really keen to get in as cav, should I be outlining that to them?
And what's my chances of getting in by Jan 2013 I'm going to townsville for my assessment if that location helps?
Cheers

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:01 pm 

They will ask you when you get in the room for the interview what you want to interview for.
If its just cav, tell them ... And they will scrap the other two.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:04 pm 

Is the pchyc heaps grilling? My mate from Infantry said its pretty cruisy
But that's Infantry blokes for you haha
And others have said its pretty full on!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:20 pm 

Served in: 8/9RAR & 6RAR
If you're what they're looking for, it's easy, if you're not, they'll probe and probe to make sure you're stable and squared away enough to enlist.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:42 pm 

Had my little mock assessment over the phone today
She had nothing but positives to say and said I'd have no problem because I know my info and she said she could tell this is truly something I want
lets hope this is what they think next week thanks everyone for the help and I'll be sure to post how I go next week
You've been a great help fellas all the best with your future endeavours and all you cav blokes out there hope to see you soon guys
Cheers...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:41 pm 

Served in: RAAC
Off to my assessment day shortly. Just wanted to fine tune some of the information I have prepared to make sure I know what im talking about. There are a couple of questions I can't seem to find and answer too after reading a few threads here including this one:

Where will you be posted:

I understand the postings are Puckapunyal VIC, Brisbane QLD and Darwin NT, but what regiments are at which base? I believe 2 CAV is Darwin? Not sure on Bris and Pucka.

Whats a regular day in CAV or the army in general? I understand you do training, PT, excersises, lectures/classes? possibly courses, teamwork building and hitting the piss, but do they want to hear more than that?

What type of equipment will you use?

Obviously ASLAV / Bushmaster, F88 AUSTYER and F89 MINIMI, maybe night fighting equipment, is it possible to expand on this? I can't seem to locate much more than that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 860 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 86  Next