AusMilitary.com Formerly AusSpecialForces.com             
AusSpecialForces.com
 Ausmilitary.com: Of this, we are certain.   Home •  Contact •  Advertising •   Bookmark and Share  •  Become a Supporter !
It is currently Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:46 am

Some gave all. We will remember them.

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Army Loadmaster
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:21 pm 

G'day everyone. I saw this forum and from what I have read, you blokes know your stuff. So I need to know what you guys think I should do. I have two brothers in the Australian army, (ones in 3/4 cav the other in 1st armoured) and I plan on joining aswell. I want to work in aviation as a loadmaster I think, but I dont know how to go about it. I'm only a young fellah so I dont know too much technical stuff. Cheers if you can help me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:31 pm 

I think you should have a really good search around all the jobs on here:

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/careers_explorer/armymain.html

Spend a good few weeks looking at all the options and work out what appeals to you the most, and fire off any questions you've got here in this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:53 pm 

cheers for that mate. :D I was just wondering if there are any blokes here who worked in aviation? cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:54 pm 

Served in: 8/9RAR & 6RAR
I'm not 100% on this but I think all loadmasters are retreads, in that they have served somewhere else in the Army before hand. It is a pretty competitive job as many want to do it and we don't have that many crews to staff.
Ring recruiting for a more accurate answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:03 pm 

hahahaha!! So its not a direct entry job? From what both my brothers have told me, armoured corps is not for me. So i was thinking aviation but if its that hard, I'm sure I'll find something else...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:31 pm 

If you want to go loadie, put yourself in a position to work with rotary wing aircraft mate. 1 of the northern Bn's should see you get a chunk of chopper time, 1 more than the other, or refueler that way you'll get some fight time and know if its for you. Had a mate that corp transfered to loadie...took him 3 years from the time he first expressed an interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:44 pm 

Similar amount of time for a mate of mine and he had a brother serving in the trade helping him out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:29 pm 

Mate I'd say whatever you do,start off doing something that you cannot do in civvie st, i.e Infantry,armoured, maybey arty if you like to polish shit.

What I'm sayin is while you're young do somthing "ARMY", you can drive trucks,dig holes, count stores,file paper later in life.

What ever you decide no doubt you will think it is better than all the other trades.

Post subject: Loadmasters.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:00 pm 

Are there any Army Loadmasters out there that can help me in regards to selection tips?.Have read all the information i can find, minimum 18 months full time service, mec class 1 etc. Have herd that most people have trouble getting through the meds, aircrew selection board etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:17 pm 

How is your maths? I recall a few blokes saying that was a big deal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next